The Northern Territory has now depleted its allocation of subclass 491 and subclass 190 nominations for the program year 2020-21.
However, the program remains open for new onshore applications. All existing applications will continue to have their applications assessed.
Applicants who meet eligibility criteria will be issued nominations once new allocations have been made for the 2021-2022 Financial Year. This is only for on-shore applicants. Currently, off-shore applicants remain closed due to border closures across the country.
To be eligible for a Northern Territory Nomination for a skilled visa you must:
- meet Australian Government’s standard requirements, and
- meet NT Government’s nomination eligibility, and
- commit to living and working in the Territory within your skilled occupation for at least three years upon the grant of your visa.
International Students who are currently residing in Australia will be eligible for nomination for Subclass 190, if you have:
- successfully completed one or more qualifications after studying in the NT for at least 2 years in a single or nested tertiary course.
- lived in the NT for a period of at least six continuous months immediately after the date of completion* of your last qualification while holding a visa that allows for full-time work (this does not apply to students who have graduated before August 2020)
- demonstrated a sustained effort to gain employment in NT from an NT Employer.
For a full list of occupations on the NTSOL please visit the official state website: https://theterritory.com.au/migrate/migrate-to-work/northern-territory-government-visa-nomination/nt-migration-occupation-list