NSW provides visa nomination to highly skilled professionals, already employed and living in NSW for the following skilled visas:
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
NSW is currently targeting skilled migrants within the health, engineering and ICT occupations that will help aid NSW’s efforts of recovery from the coronavirus pandemic event.
Last year some occupations had additional employability and residential requirements, however this year the additional employment and residency requirement does not apply to current invitation rounds.
NSW invitation rounds are ongoing throughout the financial year. There is no set date for these rounds and they are usually not announced beforehand.
For Subclass 491 visas, NSW suggests contacting the participating region directly with regards to information on applications.
For Subclass 491, the nomination criteria is:
- An applicant must have worked in their nominated, or closely related, occupation for the 12 months immediately preceding their application in regional NSW.
- The employment must qualify as skilled employment under the Home Affairs points scheme, i.e. a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- The employment does not need to be located in the region being applied to.
For a full list of Skilled Occupations in NSW, please visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/visas-and-migration/skilled-visas/nsw-skilled-occupation-lists