About this Visa
This is a permanent visa for people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in an eligible field.
How long can you stay
This visa allows you to
- You can stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- If eligible, apply for an Australian citizen
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa but not in immigration clearance. You must be outside Australia for your visa to be granted.
If you are currently in Australia and hold an eligible visa you may need to consider your eligibility for the Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858).
Include your family
You can include members of the family unit when you apply. You can also add family to your application at any time before we decide on your application.
If you are under 18 years old, you can include:
- A parent
- Members of the family unit of that parent
- Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements
You can travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date we grant the visa.
- You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
- We expect that you will contribute to Australia in your field of expertise.
Know all about