A new simplified student visa framework (SSVF) has been implemented to assess Student visa applications. The applicant will be assessed as regular or streamlined based on the education provider and country of passport.
If the visa applicant falls under the regular category, it is mandatory to satisfy English language and financial capacity requirements in addition to the general requirements. If the visa applicant falls under the streamlined category, it is not mandatory to provide evidence of English language and financial capacity.
- The visa applicant must provide evidence of enrolment at the time of application lodgement.
- If applied onshore or offshore, Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses is required.
Health, character and insurance
- Visa applicants must meet the health requirements and have to undergo health examinations
- Visa applicant(s) must satisfy the character requirement
- Visa applicant(s) must have adequate health insurance while in Australia. It can be only meet by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Genuine temporary entrant
The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity measure, which applies to all applicants. It is there to ensure that the student visa program is used as intended and not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.
Know all about