This is another of the most common bridging visa which is a substantive visa application for another visa application you may have filed. BVB allows you to leave Australia during a specified period while your application is in review. It is the only visa that allows you to leave.
You can apply for a BVB online. If you are on a BVA and are waiting for your previous refused or cancelled application to be reviewed you will need to submit your BVB via mail only.
BVB carries over the working right from the previous visa. There are exceptions with the BVA in relation to applications made in Australia for the visas below. Such associates, BVA’s have no work limitations imposed:
- Partner & Parent visas, namely:
- Partner (Subclass 820);
- Partner (Subclass 801);
- Aged Parent (Subclass 804);
- Contributory Aged Parent Temporary (Subclass 884); and
- Contributory Aged Parent (Subclass 864).
- Skilled & Business visas, namely:
- Business Talent (Permanent) (subclass 132),
- A Business Skill (Provisional) (subclass 188),
- A Business Skill (Permanent) (subclasses 890/891/892/893),
- An Employer Nomination (Permanent) [ENS] (subclass 186),
- A Regional Employer Nomination [RSMS] (subclass 187),
- A Skilled Independent (Permanent) (subclass 189),
- A Skilled Nominated (Permanent) (subclass 190),
- A Skilled Regional Sponsored (subclass 489),
- A Skilled (Residence) (subclass 887)
Travel is allowed while on the BVB Visa
Validity ceases once:
- Your new substantive visa is granted
Know all about