BVE is the second-most popular visa after the BVA
- Subclass 050:Bridging General
- Subclass 051: Protection Visa Applicant
You can apply on a special form at the nearest immigration office by fax or post.
However, under some circumstances, a person will never be eligible for BE, for example
- Upon arrival at the airport in Australia when they have not been cleared from immigration
- Their previous BE was cancelled due to criminal offences
Furthermore, a security bond (e.g cash) might be required by Immigration to ensure compliance with BVE conditions.
Allowed to work only if you are able to prove that you need to work due to financial hardship.
No travel is allowed while on a BVE visa.
Validity ceases once:
- Your new substantive visa is granted
- A new bridging visa is granted (BVE) is granted in relation to the substantive visa application
- If your currently held visa is cancelled so will your BE once you leave Australia
- When a migration officer finds it suitable
- 28 days after the valid visa application has been withdrawn and there is no other substantive visa you hold
- 28 days after you have been notified that your substantive visa application is invalid
- 28 days after the refusal of your substantive visa application
- 28 days after a decision of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal in the case when you decide to appeal the case officer’s decision
Know all about