About this Visa
This is a permanent visa for individuals who have an established professional record of achieving important milestones in a qualified field.
How long can you stay
You can stay permanently and indefinitely.
To apply for this visa, you must
- You must be outside Australia when this visa is granted
- Have an internationally recognized record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following areas (and still be prominent in the area):
- a profession
- a sport
- the arts
- academia and research
- Be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or Australian organization with a national reputation in relation to your area of talent.
This visa allows you to
- You can work and study in Australia.
The Department assesses applications on a case-by-case basis and you must prove your achievements in an eligible field and statement by your nominator that supports your claims.
You must provide:
- Relevant qualifications and awards, particularly from internationally recognized organizations
- Supporting statements from the government, professional, scientific, cultural, sporting or other relevant bodies
- Documentary evidence which demonstrates an exceptional and outstanding record of achievement that positions you amongst the very best in your field
The evidence supplied to support your record of achievement must also demonstrate prominence in the field within the 2 years immediately before applying. It should include
- A reference from a person or organization qualified to assess your claims
- Profiles of your achievements in any media, such as magazines, newspapers or TV programs
If you are younger than 18 or older than 55, you must prove you would be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community
You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation.
We anticipate that you will make a significant contribution to Australia in your field of expertise.
Know all about