Hi, How Can We Help You?

Sydney NSW 2000

Level 9, 60 Park Street

[email protected]

Office Hour: 09:00am - 4:00pm

1300 418 223

Free Call

Medium Term TSS Visa – 482 Subclass

About this Visa

Employers may use this visa to solve labour shortages by bringing in qualified staff when they are unable to find suitable Australian candidates.

How long can you stay

  • Stay up to – 4 years
  • Passport holders from Hong Kong are allowed to remain for up to 5 years.

To apply for this visa, you must:

  • Be appointed to work in one of the qualifying medium and long-term professional occupations on the list.
  • Have at least 2 years of appropriate work experience in the profession you’ve chosen or a similar area.
  • If your work needs it, you can get related skills evaluation. 
  • If you are disqualified, operate only for your sponsor or a related organisation. 
  • If you are excluded from having to demonstrate this, you must meet the minimum requirements of English language proficiency. 

This visa allows you to

  • Work for your sponsor in Australia for up to 4 years, or up to 5 years if you hold a Hong Kong passport
  • You will not obtain government support if you study.
  • While the visa is valid, you can travel to and from Australia as often as you want.
  • Apply for permanent residency if you are qualified.

For this stream of the visa, you must be sponsored to work in an occupation listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List. 

Apply from

When you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application, you can be in or out of Australia, but you cannot be in immigration clearance.

If you are applying in Australia, you must hold:

  • Substantive visa, or
  • Bridging visa A, Bridging visa B or Bridging visa C or your spouse or de facto partner’s child or step-child


You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation. 

  • If you are outside Australia when we grant a visa you must start work within 90 days of entering Australia.
  • If you are in Australia when we award the visa, you must begin working within 90 days of your visa grant.


Know all about

Spouse Visa (temporary/permanent)

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com