Hi, How Can We Help You?

Sydney NSW 2000

Level 9, 60 Park Street

[email protected]

Office Hour: 09:00am - 4:00pm

1300 418 223

Free Call

Orphan Relative visa (subclass 117)

About this Visa

The visa permits a child that is alone to live with a relative in Australia if his or her parents are dead, unable to care for or unable to be found.

How long can you stay


This visa allows you to

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia in line with Australian law
  • Enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
  • Sponsor relatives to come to Australia
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible

Travel to and from Australia for 5 years

For the next 5 years after we grant this visa, the child is free to travel to and from Australia as much as they want. As long as the visa’s travel privileges remain valid.

After the initial 5-year travel facility, if the child wishes to travel:

  • To re-enter Australia as a permanent resident, they will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV).
  • They may also want to think about obtaining citizenship in Australia. They would not need a visa to enter Australia if they become Australian citizens. They’ll need to apply for an Australian passport and use it to enter and exit the country.

Apply from

When the application is submitted and we make our decision, the child must be outside of Australia.

The child’s obligations

All Australian rules must be followed by the child and any dependent children awarded the visa.

Visa label

Child’s visa will be digitally linked to their passport and they will not get a label in their passport.

Know all about

Orphan Relative visa (subclass 117)

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com