Home Affairs to Grant 72,000 Partner Visas
Requirements for a Partner visa, You must
- be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when we decide your temporary visa application. The family who applies with you must also be in Australia
Claiming your Partner skill points?
1) Partner English requirement
If your spouse or de facto partner has competent English, you can claim 5 points towards your skill assessment. Some of the English Competency tests widely accepted in Australia are as follow:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – A minimum of 6 in each band
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – A minimum of 12 for Listening, 13 for Reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) – A minimum of 50 for each component
- Occupational English Test (OET) – At least B for each component
- Cambridge C! Advanced test – A minimum of 169 in each of the 4 components
2) Age and relevant skills
Your spouse or de facto partner must have his/her skill assessed by a skill assessment authority for their nominated skill occupation.
3) Partner residency status
If your partner is an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen, you could claim an additional 10 points for your application
From AUD 7,715 for most applicants. From AUD1,285 for Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) holders.
You pay for the temporary and the permanent visa at the same time
Know all about