About this Visa
This temporary visa allows you to carry out short, highly specialised work in Australia through a highly specialised workstream. It is appropriate if you have specialised expertise, skills, or experience that is not widely available in Australia.
How long can you stay
We can grant for up to 6 months (situation-based)
You can’t apply for this visa in Australia or stay longer by extending this visa.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- Have highly specialised skills, expertise, or experience that can benefit Australian businesses but are not readily available in Australia
- Only engage in the job or activities for which your visa has been issued.
This visa allows you to
- Work in a job that needs a lot of technical knowledge.
- You are welcome to bring family members with you, but they are not permitted to work or study in Australia except for the language training programme.
A contract or a letter of offer must be provided by the employer.
You must be outside Australia when you apply for the visa and we decide on your application.
The visa is granted with either:
- Single entry – if you leave Australia, you can’t re-enter Australia on the visa, or
- Multiple entries – you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- When you re-enter Australia on a multiple entry visa, the duration of stay you were given does not begin all over again.
- The time of stay you’ve been given begins the day you arrive in Australia.
- You will only be allowed to enter Australia once if you are issued a single-entry visa. If you want to return to Australia after you leave, you’ll need to apply for a new visa.
- You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like while your multiple entry visa is valid.
- The time you spend outside of Australia does not count against the duration of your visa.
You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation.
Know all about