Hi, How Can We Help You?

Sydney NSW 2000

Level 9, 60 Park Street

[email protected]

Office Hour: 09:00am - 4:00pm

1300 418 223

Free Call

Subclass 101/802 – Child Visa – Onshore/Offshore (Permanent)

About Visa 101 and 802

This visa allows a child residing outside of Australia to join their parents in Australia.

How long can you stay 


To apply for this visa, you must: 

  • You must be dependent on your parent who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • You must be under the age of 18 years old. If you are over the age of 18 years old and under 25 years old, you must fall into the category of studying full time or have a disability.
  • You must be studying full time since turning 18.
  • You must be under the age of 25 years old at the time of decision.
  • You must be single.
  • You must never have had a partner.
  • You must not be working full time.
  • You must meet the Australian health and character requirements.

This visa allows you to

  • You will be able to stay in Australia indefinitely.
  • You will have full rights to study in Australia.
  • You may be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
  • You may be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.

Apply from

Subclass 101: When the application is filed, the child must be outside of Australia.

Subclass 802: When the application is submitted and we make a decision, the child must be in Australia but not in immigration clearance.

If the child is in Australia on another visa with no further stay restrictions, they are ineligible to apply for this visa.

Travel to and from Australia for 5 years

From the date we grant this visa, the child will be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as they want for the next 5 years. This is true as long as the visa’s travel privileges are valid.

If the child wishes to travel after the initial 5-year period, the following steps must be taken:

  • Apply for a Resident Return (RRV) visa so they can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident after the travel validity expires
  • They may also want to think about obtaining citizenship in Australia. They won’t need a visa to re-enter Australia if they become Australian citizens.

The child’s obligations

The child and any dependants must obey all Australian laws.

Know all about

Onshore/Offshore (Permanent)

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com