About this Visa
(Significant Business History stream)
This visa is for experienced business owners who want to start or expand a company in Australia.
How long can you stay
To apply for this visa, you must
- You must have an overall successful business career.
- You must have a personal net value of at least AUD 1.5 million which has been acquired lawfully.
- Your annual business must be turning over at least AUD 3 million for at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you have applied for this visa.
- Your total net assets must be at least AUD 400,000 to which you have an ownership or at least 10% of the total issued capital in the listed company.
- You must be under 55 years of age.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government.
- You must be invited by the Department to apply.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to work and study in Australia permanently.
- You will be able to enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme such as Medicare.
- You will be able to sponsor your eligible relatives to come to Australia.
When you apply for the visa and we decide on it, you can be in or out of Australia, but not in immigration clearance.
- Every Australian law must be followed by you and your family.
- Your business obligations must be met.
To understand if you meet the requirements of this visa, speak with our experienced and friendly staff today to get the process started on your permanent pathway to stay in Australia.
Know all about