Hi, How Can We Help You?

Sydney NSW 2000

Level 9, 60 Park Street

[email protected]

Office Hour: 09:00am - 4:00pm

1300 418 223

Free Call

Subclass 143 – Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent)

About this Visa

This permanent visa allows a parent of an existing Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a qualified New Zealand citizen to travel to Australia.

How long can you stay 


To apply for this visa, you must: 

  • You must meet the balance of the family test.
  • A child that is an eligible Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen unless you apply for a retirement pathway.
  • Your sponsor must be approved to be your sponsor.
  • You must meet the Australian health and character requirements.
  • You must have the assurance of support.

This visa allows you to

  • You will be able to live, work and study in Australia permanently.
  • You will be able to access the Australian Government benefits.
  • You may be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
  • You may be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.

Apply from

You can be inside or outside Australia when you apply for the visa.

Any family member applying for an application in Australia must also be in Australia but not in immigration clearance when applications are made. Any family member who requests a visa with you outside Australia must also be outside Australia when you apply.

If you are applying as a retiree you must be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply. You can be inside or outside Australia when we decide on your application

If you do not have or hold an APP(Temporary) visa (Subclass 173) or Visitor Visas Substituted (Subclass 600) prior to submitting the applications, you must be out of Australia when we decide on your application.


We assess applications for this visa in 2 stages.

  1. Check eligibility and either add the application to the queue or refuse it.
  2. Continue assessing the application when a place becomes available and make a decision.

Don’t arrange to move to Australia until we grant the visa. We will let you know in writing if we grant you the visa.


You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation. 


Know all about

Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent)

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com