About this Visa
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) (subclass 186) visa is a permanent residency visa for skilled overseas workers. This visa is available to applicants who are already living and working in Australia as temporary residents and to those living outside Australia. To be eligible for this visa, a skilled individual requires to be nominated by an employer.
How long can you stay
This visa allows you to
Once granted, ENS (subclass 186) allows a skilled worker (and any family members included in the application) to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia (without restriction)
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date the visa is granted
- Access Medicare (Australia’s universal health care scheme)
- Apply for Australian citizenship (subject to eligibility)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for a variety of temporary and permanent Australian visas
Basically, there are three ways that an applicant may go about obtaining the ENS subclass 186 visas:
- Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream
- Direct Entry (DE) stream
- Labour Agreement stream
The most common way is the TRT stream and the quickest way is the DE stream, however, the requirements are significantly stricter. The Labour Agreement stream is available only under very specific circumstances.
You may apply for this visa either from Australia or from another country. You must have a substantive visa or a related bridging visa A, B, or C to enter Australia.
In some cases, even though your substantive visa has no further stay conditions, you may be able to apply in Australia.
You can be in or out of Australia when we make our decision.
Your application can take longer to process if:
- You do not fill it correctly
- You haven’t included all of the documents we require, or you haven’t provided all of the information we require.
- It takes time for us to verify your information.
Your application cannot be processed by home affairs unless you pay the proper visa application fee.
Applications that include all necessary supporting documents (‘complete applications’) are generally processed faster.
All Australian rules must be followed by you and your family.
We anticipate you staying with your nominating employer for at least two years.
You agree to start your job within six months of:
- Entry to Australia if you were granted the visa while you were outside Australia
- The visa grant date if you were granted the visa while you were in Australia
You may fall into a category that will meet the above requirements. Make an enquiry with us today to find out.
Know all about