About this Visa
(Significant Business History stream)
This visa is for experienced business owners, to operate a new or existing business in Australia.
How long can you stay
Up to 4 years and 3 months
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be a successful business owner or have had success in an investment career.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory.
- You must be invited to apply.
- You must be under the age of 55 years old.
- You must have a minimum score of 65 points.
- You must have an ownership stake in 1 or 2 businesses which must have had a turnover of at least AUD 500,000 in the last 2 fiscal years out of the 4 fiscal years.
- If the company’s annual turnover exceeds $400,000, you must have 30% ownership of shares.
- If the company’s annual turnover is under $400,000, you must have 51% ownership of shares.
- If the company is listed, you must have 10% or more ownership of shares.
- Your total net business and personal assets must be at least AUD 800,000.
- You must operate a new or existing business in Australia.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to stay in Australia for up to 4 years.
- You will be able to get eligible members of your family to come to Australia with you.
- You may be able to make an application for permanent residency.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application, but not in immigration clearance.
You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
You must fulfil your business obligations.
To understand if you meet the requirements of this visa, speak with our experienced and friendly staff today to get the process started on your permanent pathway to stay in Australia.
Know all about