About this Visa
This temporary visa requires you to invest a minimum of AUD 1,5 million in a State or Territory of Australia and to maintain business or investment activities in Australia.
How long can you stay
Up to 4 years and 3 months
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must have a high level of success in business.
- You must have for at least 1 year in the last 5 fiscal years immediately before the invitation, have directly managed either a qualifying business which you are a partner or 10% owner or have eligible investment funds of at least AUD1.5 million whether on your own, with a partner or your partner alone.
- You must invest AUD1.5 million in State or Territory bonds. This is a security bond given to the Australian government.
- You must have total net family assets of at least AUD2.25 million for the last 2 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to make an application.
- You must meet the pass mark in the business innovation and investment points test.
- You must be under 55 years of age.
- You will be able to carry out business and investment activities in Australia.
- You will be able to stay in Australia for up to 4 years.
- You will be able to get eligible members of your family to come to Australia with you.
- You may be able to make an application for a permanent stream.
This visa allows you to
- Conduct business and invest in Australia
- Stay in Australia for a maximum of four years and three months.
- Bring along members of your family who are eligible.
- Fill out an application for a permanent Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application, but not in immigration clearance.
You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.
If you are outside Australia when we grant the visa:
- you and your family members must enter Australia by a certain date (we will tell you when this is)
- any family members included in your application might not be able to marry or enter into a de facto relationship before they enter Australia (we will tell you if this is the case)
To understand if you meet the requirements of this visa, speak with our experienced and friendly staff today to get the process started on your permanent pathway to stay in Australia.
Know all about