About this Visa
This temporary visa applies to those who invest at least AUD 5 million in investment in Australia which meets certain requirements and maintains Australian investment.
How long can you stay
Up to 4 years and 3 months.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must invest at least AUD 5 million in venture capital.
- The approved managed funds must invest in emerging companies listed in the Australian stock exchange.
- At least AUD 500,000 of venture capital is invested in startups and small private companies.
- At least AUD 3 million of your investment could be in managed funds whereby the managed funds can invest in a range of assets including companies listed on the Australian stock exchange, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate.
- You have functional English or you could be exempt and pay the second instalment.
- You do not need to meet the points requirement.
- You must be invited to make an application.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory.
- You must have a genuine intention to live in the State or Territory of who has nominated you.
- You may be eligible to make an application for permanent residency.
This visa allows you to
- Conduct business and invest in Australia
- Stay in Australia for a maximum of four years and three months.
- Bring along members of your family who are eligible.
- Fill out an application for a permanent Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application, but not in immigration clearance.
You and your family members who are part of your application must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
Learn more about the conditions for this visa
Meet your business obligations
While the holder of this visa, you must have a genuine and realistic commitment to:
- You and/or your spouse or de facto partner must have a genuine intention to live in the State or Territory whose government agency nominated you
- Continue business and investment activity in Australia after your visa ends
You must also maintain your investment for the whole of the visa period and comply with Australian workplace laws.
Know all about