About this Visa
This visa lets you continue your investment activities in Australia permanently. This visa caters for individuals who have the ability to invest at least AUD 15 million in Australian Investment and philanthropic contributions.
How long can you stay
4 years and 3 months
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be nominated by AUSTRADE.
- You must be invited by the Department to make an application.
- You must have at least AUD15 million in net assets.
- You must make a complying premium investment of at least AUD15 million.
- You must have a genuine intention to maintain and hold the investment for the period of the life of the visa.
- You must pass the health requirement and character requirement.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to carry out business and investment activities in Australia.
- You will be able to stay for up to 4 years in Australia.
- You will be able to elect eligible members of your family to come to Australia with you.
- You may be able to apply for permanent residency if you have maintained an investment in Australia for at least 1 year during the period of which you hold this visa.
You can be in or outside of Australia, but not with immigration clearance, when you apply for a visa and decide on your application.
- All visa conditions and Australian rules must be followed by you and your family members who are part of your application.
- If you apply for the Premium Investor stream of the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent visa (subclass 888) visa, you must truly intend to continue your business and investment activities.
- You must also keep your AUD15 million investment for at least 12 months and follow Australian workplace rules.
Learn more about the conditions for this visa.
Follow Australian workplace laws
Workplace rights and protections apply to all Australian workers (including visa holders). Australian law establishes Pay rates and workplace conditions.
Know all about