About this visa
Subclass 189 Visa is the visa that has the shortest visa processing times and allows the migrants for a direct entry, the Subclass 189 Visa is in demand.
This stream is for points-tested skilled workers, including eligible family members, who are not sponsored by an employer or family member and are not nominated by state or territory governments. The visa’s travel component can be renewed for either five or one years, depending on your residency. After meeting qualifying periods, you may apply for citizenship. Applications begin by expressing an EOI and skill assessment.
- Your occupation should be on the occupation list (MLTSSL)
- You should have a skill assessed by the relevant authority for your occupation.
- After the lodgment of EOI wait for the invite.
- You should be under 45 years.
- You should meet the competent English requirements.
- You should be invited to apply and meet health and character requirements.
How long can you stay
This Visa allows you to stay permanently in Australia and after the residency requirements, you can apply for Citizenship by naturalisation. This Visa is granted indefinitely.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- Have a job on the list of related skilled occupations
- Have a skill assessment that is appropriate for the job
- Be given the opportunity to apply for this visa
- Satisfy the point requirement
This visa allows you to
Once the grant of your Permanent Residency through the 189 Visa is approved, you are entitled to live and work permanently in Australia. It allows you to study in Australia. You can enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
For the assessment of your application, you need to provide correct and relevant information about the claims you had made in EOI. You need to provide all the necessary information which includes identity, health, character, partner, English requirements, and your dependants’ documents.
Know all about