About this visa
The Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is a points-tested permanent residency visa to Australia. Those interested must first submit an Expression of Interest to the Department of Home Affairs. Skill Select accepts EOI submissions throughout the Australian financial year. The points are issued based on your submission, and candidates with high ranking EOIs are invited to apply for the visa.
How long can you stay
People who are granted a Subclass 190 Visa get to live permanently in Australia as they can pursue work, study, and other endeavours. Australia provides a perfect balance of work and life.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- Have a job on the list of related skilled occupations
- Have a skill assessment that is appropriate for the job
- Be given the opportunity to apply for this visa
- Satisfy the point requirement
This visa allows you to
- You will be allowed to work, live or study in Australia indefinitely.
- You will be allowed to enrol yourself in any public health care scheme in Australia.
- After satisfying the terms and conditions, you may also apply to become a citizen of Australia.
- After you are granted this visa, you will be able to travel to and from Australia for a period of 5 years from the date of the visa grant an unlimited number of times.
- You are eligible to sponsor your eligible relatives to come to Australia.
- You are entitled to receive social security and payments related benefits and privileges.
Subclass 190 is a points-tested visa. The point calculator is given on the Human affairs website.
When you submit your EOI in skill Select you will be given an indicative points score based on the claims you have made. If you do not obtain a score of 65 points you will not be invited to apply for this visa. When you lodge your application, you must provide evidence supporting your claims.
Know all about