About this visa
The Permanent Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 191) will be available from November 2022. This visa is for skilled workers and their families who have lived, worked and studied in the designated regional area of Australia on a previous eligible visa. The Permanent Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 191) will allow Subclass 494 and 491 visa holders to transition to permanent residency.
How long can you stay
As the name suggests, this is a permanent visa. It allows you to remain in Australia indefinitely.
The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of the visa grant.
To apply for this visa, you must
- A visa that qualifies
- Have lived in the same place for at least three years and have a taxable income that is at or above a certain level for at least three years
- Both primary and secondary applicants have met the requirements of the eligible visa you currently hold or have previously held.
This visa allows you to
- Stay permanently
- Work and study anywhere in Australia
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Apply for Australian citizenship in the future, if eligible.
To meet the requirements of this permanent visa (from November 2022) applicants must:
- Hold a regional provisional visa subclass 491 or 494 visas when they apply for the Subclass 191 visa and have held that visa for at least 3 years;
- Have earned the minimum income for at least 3 years as the holder of a regional provisional visa
- Have complied with the conditions of the previous regional provisional visa
- Provide 3 years of Tax Assessment Notices
- An updated recent English competency certificate
Please, note that since this visa is not in force yet, the eligibility criteria may be amended.
You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation.
Know all about