About this Visa
This visa allows you to visit Australia and marry your future spouse before applying for a Partner visa.
How long can you stay
Between 9 and 15 months from the date of grant of visa
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be in a genuine relationship with your prospective spouse who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You intend to marry your prospective spouse within the visa period.
- You must have comprehensive and sufficient evidence of your relationship to support your claims of being in a relationship with your partner and to satisfy the visa requirements.
- You must make an application online.
- You must be outside of Australia at the time of application and decision.
- You have not had any visa refusal or cancellation.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must meet Australia’s health and character requirements.
- Your sponsor must be eligible and is not barred to sponsor you.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to stay in Australia for 9 months from the date of the grant.
- You will be able to work and study in Australia during the life of your visa.
- You will be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you require.
You must be outside Australia when you apply for this visa.
Find out what to do if your child is born after you apply.
Before the date specified in your grant letter, you must enter Australia on a Prospective Marriage visa.
Before your Prospective Marriage visa expires, you must have married your intended spouse.
You can marry in Australia or anywhere else in the world.
Under Australian law, your marriage must be legal.
You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation.
Learn more about the conditions for this visa.
Know all about