About this visa
This visa allows recent engineering graduates of recognised institutions to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience.
How long can you stay
18 months, no extensions
To apply for this visa, you must:
- A person who is under the age of 31
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognised university within the last two years
- Have not previously held a subclass 476 or 485 visa as the primary visa holder
This visa allows you to
This visa allows you and your family to live, work, study and travel in Australia for up to 18 months.
- Be younger than 31 years of age
- Have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognised institution in the past two years
- Have not held a Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) as a primary applicant
- Be able to demonstrate your English language ability
- Meet health and character requirements.
Your engineering qualifications
In the 2 years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctoral degree
- Postgraduate diploma
Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical, production and plant engineering
- Mining and material engineering
You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation.
Know all about