About this Visa
This visa caters for individuals who will be providing care and support for a person below the age of 18 years old and are on a student visa. The length of stay is dependent on the student’s visa period.
How long can you
The length of your visa will be determined by the student visa holder’s stay and age.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be the parent, relative guardian or custodian of the individual who is undertaking studies in Australia and is under the age of 18 years old. If the student is over the age of 18 exceptional circumstances will be applicable.
- You must be over 21 years old.
- You must be able to provide accommodation, welfare and support to the student.
- You must be able to meet the financial requirement of your stay in Australia.
- You will be able to extend your stay if the student has extended their stay as a student in Australia.
- You must meet the Australian health and character requirements.
- You will be able to study an English course for less than 20 hours per wee or any other study or training for no more than 3 months.
This visa allows you to
- Come to Australia to look after and support a student visa holder under the age of 18. (or over 18 in exceptional circumstances)
- More than one student to look after
- Study for less than 20 hours per week in an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), or for no more than 3 months in any other research or training.
You can be in Australia or overseas when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application.
It’s possible that your application will take longer to process if:
- You haven’t filled it out properly.
- You haven’t included all of the documents we require, or you haven’t provided all of the information we require.
- It takes time for us to double-check your information.
If you do not pay the correct visa application fee when you submit your application, we will be unable to process it. If an incorrect charge has been paid, you will be informed, and your application will be returned if necessary.
You and your family must comply with all visa requirements and Australian rules.
Know all about