About this Visa
This permanent visa allows a single elderly person who relies on financial assistance from a family living in Australia to move permanently to Australia.
How long can you stay
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be aged in accordance with the retirement age under the Social Security Act 1991 (Cth).
- You must not have a partner.
- You must be dependent on your Australian relative financially.
- You must have an eligible relative sponsor.
- You must have the assurance of support.
- You must meet the Australian health and character requirements.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to stay in Australia permanently.
- You will be able to live, work and study in Australia.
- You will be able to access the Australian Government benefits.
- You may be able to sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
- You may be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.
Subclass 838: You must be in Australia when you apply and when we decide on your application, but not in immigration clearance.
Subclass 114: When you apply and when we decide on your application, you and all applicants must be outside of Australia.
You and your family must comply with all visa requirements and Australian rules.
Know all about