About this Visa
This temporary visa allows an elderly parent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to visit Australia for a limited period of time.
How long can you stay
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must meet the age requirement.
- You must meet the balance of the family test.
- Your sponsor must be approved to be your sponsor.
- You must meet the Australian health and character requirements.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to live, work and study in Australia for up to 2 years.
- You may travel to and from Australia as many times as you require.
- You may be eligible to apply for the subclass 864 permanent visa.
- You may make your application for this visa while you are inside of Australia.
When you apply for the visa and we decide on it, you can be in or out of Australia, but not in immigration clearance.
The cost of this visa starts at AUD 33,285. Each family member who applies with you will be charged an extra fee.
When you apply, you must pay the first instalment. When we ask you to pay the second instalment, do so.
Any family members who apply for the visa with you will be charged as well.
You may also have to pay for health checks, police certificates, and biometrics for each applicant.
We assess applications for this visa in 2 stages.
- Check eligibility and either add the application to the queue or refuse it.
- Continue assessing the application when a place becomes available and make a decision.
Don’t arrange to move to Australia until we grant the visa. We will let you know in writing if we grant you the visa.
You must fulfil all visa requirements and comply with Australian legislation.
Know all about