About this Visa
This visa lets you continue your investment activities in Australia permanently.
How long can you stay
This is a permanent visa.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be a holder of a 188A visa, 444 special category visa or 457 Business long-stay visa.
- You must be nominated by the State or Territory government.
- You must have had an ownership interest in an Australian business for the last 2 years.
- You must have an ABN (Australian Business Number) and have lodged the BAS (business activity statement) for the last 2 years.
- You must have ownership in Australia for the last 2 years, shares:
- Of at least 30%, if the company’s annual turnover exceeds $400,000.
- Of at least 51%, if the company’s annual turnover is under $400,000.
- Of at least 10%, if the company is listed in the Australian stock exchange.
- The business must have had an annual turnover of at least AUD300,000 in the last 12 months before the application is made.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to stay in Australia permanently.
- You will be able to work and study in Australia permanently.
- You will be able to enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme such as obtain Medicare.
- You will be able to sponsor your eligible relatives to come to Australia.
- You may be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.
When you apply for the visa and we decide on it, you can be in or out of Australia, but not in immigration clearance.
All Australian rules must be followed by you and your family.
If you are outside of Australia when the visa is granted:
- You and your family must arrive in Australia by a specific date (we will tell you when this is)
- Before they arrive in Australia, any family members included in your application may not be able to marry or form a de facto relationship (we will tell you if this is the case)
To understand if you meet the requirements of this visa, speak with our experienced and friendly staff today to get the process started on your permanent pathway to stay in Australia.
Know all about