About this Visa
This visa allows you to continue investing in Australia indefinitely.
How long can you stay
This is a permanent visa.
To apply for this visa, you must:
- You must be continually nominated by the State or Territory in which your subclass 188B relates.
- You or your partner must have resided in the nominated State for at least 2 years.
- The investment must be in your name and you must have held the investment for at least 4 years.
- You must have a genuine intention to the commitment of maintaining business activities in Australia.
This visa allows you to
- You will be able to stay in Australia permanently.
- You will be able to work and study in Australia permanently.
- You will be able to enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme such as obtain Medicare.
- You will be able to sponsor your eligible relatives to come to Australia.
- You may be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.
When you apply for the visa and we decide on it, you can be in or out of Australia, but not in immigration clearance.
All Australian rules must be followed by you and your family.
If you are outside of Australia when the visa is granted:
- You and your family must arrive in Australia by a specific date (we will tell you when this is)
- Before they arrive in Australia, any family members included in your application may not be able to marry or form a de facto relationship (we will tell you if this is the case)
To understand if you meet the requirements of this visa, speak with our experienced and friendly staff today to get the process started on your permanent pathway to stay in Australia.
Know all about