About this Visa
The Work and Holiday Visa allows eligible tourists aged between 18 to 30 years old to have an extended holiday in Australia while being able to work short-term. The visa is valid for 12 months and allows multiple entries and exits into and from Australia. Visa holders can work for up to six months with any one employer and are able to study for up to four months. Within the regional sector, visa holders can work for up to 12 months within some types of specified work. A second Work and Holiday visa may be granted to applicants who have completed three months of specified work in listed regional areas of Australia.
You must hold a passport from the following countries to be eligible:
- China, People’s Republic of
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United States of America
You must also:
- Be 18 to 30 years of age
- Apply from outside of Australia
- Not be accompanied by any dependant children
- Not have previously entered Australia on either a subclass 462 or 417. If you have previously entered on a subclass 462 visa you may be eligible for a second Work and Holiday visa.
Work requirement for a second or third visa:
- Plant or animal cultivation in specified areas of regional Australia
- Fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, and tourism and hospitality in northern Australia only
For a second and third visa you must be:
- Working full time, 5 days a week for a continuous 3 month period OR
- Working less than 5 days in a combination of full-time, part-time or piecework rate which adds up to five days a week OR
- Working less than five days a week for a period of longer than 3 calendar months.
- You may work with one employer or several spread over the period of your stay in Australia
Know all about